1. So what’s new with you? Oh, me? Well since you asked, there is some pretty big news I’ve been wanting to shout out since I found out about it:
I AM GOING TO BE A COLUMNIST FOR CATHOLIC STAND!
2. Catholic Stand is the latest website launched today, with an impressive jaw-dropping roster of writers like Stacy Trasancos, Joel and Lisa Schmidt, Leila Miller, Mary Rice Hasson, Larry D, Patti McGuire Armstrong, Briana Heldt, Teresa Tomeo (*faint*). Go check out those names and tell me you’re not swooning for me! (Your submissions accepted over there, too.)
3. I admit I got a little nervous that the great Stacy Trasancos invited me because she thought I could write serious law-related articles (which stifle creativity like handcuffs and neckties, I may as well be back in practice). So I hemmed and hawed (for about two hours) until the Holy Spirit nudged me that He was still in charge here and if I ran out of words, I wouldn’t go wrong quoting His own words from the Bible. My legal wheels started turning till I concluded that I wouldn’t be held liable for plagiarism if I insert those two little symbols before and after His words. (“”) I mean, what’s the worst that can happen, right? I’d get replaced but at least, I wouldn’t go to jail.
4. Actually, on hindsight, this is the worst that can happen while writing:
|That awkward moment when you realize your mom’s been on the computer too long and she caught you digging out the swim cap from the summer clothes stash and lathering diaper cream all over.|
5. Anyway, to my absolute relief, the editor guidelines encouraged me to write about what I already know and how I’ve always done it. Even suggested dusting off older posts. Whew! (Again, go submit your posts over there.)
Of course, I said YES, I’d be honored. And I’m still giddy at the thought of rubbing columns with my Catholic writer heroes. Why, if I were a font, I’d be expressing myself in wingdings right now. (e.g. WingsWigding) Meanwhile, I checked out the blogs of the bigwigs. They are sooo cool and collected about it. They’re like all Times New Roman, and probably secretly wondering who in the world backed out and left the spot vacant for this little unprofessional twit to get her name up there. Well guys, wonder no more: you need the token Filipino-Asian up there on the roll, so there I am!
6. I’m thinking that between Catholic Stand, Ignitum Today and Catholic Lane, I’m going to be all over the place. However, I’ll try not to bombard you with my articles and blog posts by spacing them apart. (I did say I was going to slow down this year. Though so far, its “Slow down, my foot.”) I just hope you forgive my writing ADD, it’s not everyday a girl gets to realize that her dreams of writing for Our Lord and Our Lady do come true.
7. As a new columnist, I’m considering changing my photo above to this:
|That awkward moment when a twit realizes she may have to remember her twitter password and actually update it. (Seriously, if you are a heavy twitter user, can you tell me what are the advantages of twitter?)|
Shared on www.conversiondiary.com 7 Quick Takes. Thank you Jen Fulwiler for hosting.