Friday, September 07, 2012

Jesus' Words to the Mystics


      Outside of the Bible, Jesus also spoke to the mystics of the Church.  In most of these messages, He meant the words of private revelation for the entire Church as well (that means, us) for our sanctification. Here are some words of Our Lord to saints and mystics (from Church-approved sources) that felt like they were personally addressed to me:

1.  St. Mary Margaret Alacoque: “Behold this Heart which has loved men so much, and yet men do not want to love Me in return. Through you, My divine Heart wishes to spread its love everywhere on earth...I will bless those places wherein the image of my Sacred Heart is enthroned and venerated..In the excess of the mercy of my Heart, I promise you that my all powerful love will grant to all those who will receive Communion on the First Fridays, for nine consecutive months, the grace of final repentance: they will not die in my displeasure, nor without receiving the sacraments; and my Heart will be their secure refuge in that last hour."

2.  Sr. Josefa Menendez The Way of Divine Love:  “Come all of you to Me and fear not, for I Love you all... I will wash you in My Blood and you shall be made whiter than snow. All of your offences will be submerged in the waters in which I myself shall wash you, nor shall anything whatsoever be able to tear from My Heart its Love for you…Oh, all you who are steeped in sin, and who for a time more or less long have lived as wanderers and fugitives because of your crimes ... if the offences of which you have been guilty have hardened and blinded your hearts . . . if to grant satisfaction to one or other of your passions you have sunk into evil ways ... Ah! when the motives or accomplices of your sin have forsaken you, and you realize the state of your soul, oh then, do not yield to despair! For as long as a breath of life remains a man may have recourse to mercy and ask for pardon.”

3.  St. Faustina, Diary of St. Faustina:  “When you go to Confession, know this, that I Myself am waiting for you in the confessional; I am hidden by the priest, but I Myself act in the soul.  Here the misery of the soul meets the God of Mercy.  Tell souls that from this fount of mercy souls draw graces solely with the vessel of trust.  If their trust is great there is no limit to my generosity.”

4.  Gabrielle Bosis, He and I (with the imprimatur of ArchBishop Jean-Marie Fortier):  "You sometimes thank Me more for My temporal blessings than for My spiritual favors. I am always in both of them. But aren't the spiritual ones more choice? Isn't it as though I invited an intimate friend into My home to show her more kindness and share some of the secrets of My heart with her? You love to pour out your heart to someone who loves you truly. And because I am God, shouldn't I have the joy of a heart-to-heart talk?”

5. Sr. Maria Consolata Betrone Poor Clare Capuchin, Prayers and Heavenly Promises compiled from approved sources by Joan Carrol Cruz:  “It would be impossible to formulate a more perfect Act of Love in fewer words than:  “Jesus, Mary, I love you! Save souls!” I do not demand heroic acts from you, but merely trifles; only that they must be offered with all your heart…Why is it that I do not permit you so many vocal prayers?  It is because the Act of Love is more fruitful.”

6. St. Mechilde (www.catholictradition.org):  Whoever shall breathe a sigh towards Me from the bottom of his heart when he awakes in the morning, and shall ask Me to work all his works in him throughout the day, he will draw Me to him; so that his soul shall have life from Me even as his body has life from his soul, and he shall do all things through Me and by Me. For never does a man breathe a sigh of longing aspiration towards Me without drawing Me nearer to him than I was before.”

7. St. Gertrude (www.gratefulforpurgatory.blogspot.com): “When anything is offered to Me for the faithful departed, I immediately use it for them, according to My natural inclination to show mercy and pardon, either for the remission of their sins for their consolation or for the increase of their eternal felicity, according to the condition of those for whom the offering is made."

"I take particular pleasure in prayers for the dead, when they are addressed to Me from a natural compassion, united to a good will; thus a good work becomes perfected.”

+AMDG Hosted at Sunday Snippets Catholic Carnival www.rannthisthat.blogspot.com

2 comments:

Nancy Shuman said...

These are wonderful. Perfect to take into prayer time. Thank you SO MUCH for gathering and sharing them.

Joann Nelander said...

Thanks you for reminding me of these private revelations. I am sitting before my beautiful picture of the Sacred Heart of Jesus and being consoled by the words shared.

I can hardly wait to wake up in the morning and breathe a heartfelt sigh toward my dear Lord with the offering of my day.