Monday, November 26, 2012

And the Award Goes To...


As promised, I’m modeling my daughter’s fancy custom design earrings this week. And what could be more perfect than flaunting it for the once in a lifetime occasion of my acceptance speech?

“Your Acceptance speech?”  you ask incredulously.

Yes, I won! I won! I won a Food For Thought award from Catholic by Choice.  Along with six other blogs. 

“Six? Why its not really that big of a win if you split a $0.00 cash prize.”

No no my friends, there is no cash prize but I’ve won BIG time.  It is an award that acknowledges that I blog for God first (and me on the side).  So what I won is the clouds of heaven parting and the Son smiling down on me (I hope) because at least one person thought of God after reading my blog ...and maybe, just maybe those five plane tickets to the Philippines via Hawaii and Italy will finally fall from the sky into my outstretched arms.

“It doesn’t work like that,”  says Catholic by Choice.

Oh yeah, the rules & responsibilities of winning: 1. Gotta post the award 2. Acknowledge the giver (Thank you Pauline of Catholic By Choice) 3. Pass the award to 7 more deserving blogs and inform them 4. Write down my 7 favorite bible passages and explain why I like them.


So this award will be passed on to:

1.     The Catholic Wife –she probably doesn’t need it, she is already famous but I wanted to thank her for all her reflections.
3.     Ave Momma
4.     The Beautiful Gate –she’s been AWOL for a while but I hope this will coax her back to blogging.
5.     Semper Gaudette
6.     My Broken Fiat

Bummer.  I get to pass on only 7 when I want to give out so much more.

I hope you bloggers accept and pass on the award.  If not, I’ll gladly take your share of heaven’s exclusive blessings to bloggers. Going outside to wait on those tickets now.  And God, may I add the Cayman Islands to our itinerary?  Thank you.

“You have some nerve asking for the Cayman Islands when you forgot the scripture passages.”

Oopsies. My favorite scripture has been the very same one for all time:  1 Cor 2:9 “What no eye has seen, what no ear has heard what no mind thought was possible is the very thing God has prepared for those who love Him.”  On second thought, I’ll stay indoors and keep blogging.  I’ll collect my prize when I reach the pearly gates.  

 *Bow*

5 comments:

8 kids and a business said...

Congratulations! Luv the earrings, dahling :)

Anabelle Hazard said...

LOL, Terry. I would have given you the award to add to your collection if someone hadn't beat me to it.

mary333 said...

Congratulations :)

Thanks for the award, Anabelle. I swear that I cannot read your blog without smiling! Great acceptance speech! I HAD to go check out the other earrings your daughter designed (of course) and I'm sitting here with a big ole grin on my face. (Though I promise - nary a snicker escaped these lips.) Must be nice not having to hit the mall for new earrings for all those Christmas parties you have to attend this month. Those malls are deadly right about now...

Anabelle Hazard said...

<<>> You're alive! I'll save you from those malls and give you a pair of earrings if you come back to blogging.

mary333 said...

An award plus free earrings? Gee, you're very generous, Anabelle :)
As for blogging, I'm trying to discern whether I should continue or not. As strange as it may sound I feel as if I completed what the Lord asked of me in this area and I'm not sure if I can add anything by continuing. I don't feel the "pull" I felt before. It's difficult for me to blog without that. I guess that could change though. (I should probably be praying about it more instead of just enjoying the extra time on my hands ;)