1. Life begins at conception. (I didn't have to hear my first baby’s lub-dub-swoosh-swoosh heartbeat at her 6 week ultrasound to know this.)
2. Life is the first inalienable right.
3. Lest I start sounding like flapping banners and sticky bumper car stickers, I’ll expound: I have read, seen photos and charts of how abortions are performed and what happens to babies during and after abortion. It is brutal. Sick. Inhuman. Beastly.
4. I have also read from countless visionaries and mystics who say Our Lady and heaven weep over the atrocity of abortion, calling it the greatest sin in today’s world. Heaven’s opinion and the causes it champion matter greatly to me. Infinitely more than the environment.
5. As Saint Faustina prophesied, when this time of mercy runs out, God will show humankind that He is a Just God. Being a writer/blogger, comes with great responsibility. I shudder at being held accountable for the sins of omission when I know better about the abomination of abortion but swallow it with silence and iced tea and sit like a bump on the log in the neutral sidelines.
6. I listen to modern day prophets who warn us gravely that countries who have legalized abortion will experience a chastisement/purification if we do not repent. And I do not want to be the target of thunderbolts, lightning, hurricanes or another F-4 tornado.
7. Oh, I forgot one important one-liner: Life is precious. It is a gift.
8. I’m concerned that women who suffer from post-abortion guilt and regret will self-destruct and inflict pain on others instead of finding healing in Jesus’ love.
9. Because I just know one of those 50 million babies killed since Roe v Wade in 1973 would have found the cure to cancer had he been allowed to live. And I consider that one of those babies may have been my future son-in-law or the saint who will someday save my life/soul.
10. I don't believe in the rubbish over-population theory.