Tuesday, January 22, 2013

What Alabama Politics can Teach the Rest of the World


I’m published at both Ignitum Today and Catholic Lane with the same article. Since it’s the 40th anniversary of Roe v Wade, I do a political spiel, of course.  I don’t know if I have the energy to hang out in the comment box of both sites.   But I love my blog readers, so I’ll be at mine –even if it can get lonely at times.  (On political spiel days, I do enjoy the quiet.)

Excerpt: “When we first announced to friends and family our decision to move from Las Vegas to rural Alabama, you would have thought we said we were all growing bushy beards to live as hermits in a cave, way over in Mars, with Forrest Gump as our cult leader.  But time has proven that:  in the intensifying legal battle over the issues of life, marriage and religious freedom, the state of Alabama is on the right track.”   Read the rest here

2 comments:

8 kids and a business said...

Great article on Catholic Lane. Alabama sounds like a great place to live for those of us who realize that God comes first.

mary333 said...

Great article, Anabelle. If only the rest of the country would take its cue from Alabama and follow suit. I live in the Northeast (enough said, yes?) and Alabama is looking better and better to me right now. (Actually, seeing that I'm from New England, most of the states look better. You know, when you're scraping the bottom of the moral barrel...)