Monday, March 25, 2013

The Lady of All Nations

Joining the Marian Mondays link up at www.animakinsi.blogspot.com on what would have been the Feast of the Annunciation.  Always a pleasure to meet Marian devotees over there.



I honestly don’t remember how I obtained this prayer card.  But I just found it on my desk so I absentmindedly posted it on my board of prayer cards, without actually praying it.



 
Somehow, her image got me curious so I bought the book on it’s history and browsed.  It wasn’t too long before I was hooked.  (I know I said I’d read St. Bridget’s Revelations over Lent, but this was compelling.)   Anyway, the gist of it (unless you count cryptic prophecies) is that The Lady of All Nations commissioned for this painting and dictated this short prayer for the world to be said everyday so that the devotion could be spread to all nations.

The prayer is short and easy to remember that I’ve added it to my morning regimen:

Lord Jesus Christ,
Son of the Father,
Send now Your Spirit over the earth,
Let the Holy Spirit live
In the hearts of all nations,
That they may be preserved
From degeneration, disaster and war.
May the Lady of All Nations,
The Blessed Virgin Mary,
Be our Advocate. Amen

The Lady promised seer Ida Peerdeman to whom the devotion was revealed:  “I promise to all who pray before the picture  and ask the help of Mary, ‘the Lady of all Nations’ will be given the grace for soul and body, in the measure my son wishes.”

The devotion was approved by the Bishop of Haarlem in 1996 and the apparitions of Ida Peerdeman were approved in 2002 by Bishop Punt as in the category of “supernatural origin” Source: www.ewtn.com/expert/answers.our_lady_of_all_nations.htm

If you want a free prayer card, you can email mary@motherofallpeoples.com  or call (740) 937- 2277.

For a theological explanation on the Fifth Marian dogma that The Lady of All Nations requested, as written by Dr. Mark Miravalle, STD (of the Franciscan University of Stuebenville)  visit www.motherofallpeoples.com or read http://www.fifthmariandogma.com/books/theological-foundations/theological-foundations

+AMDG+

5 comments:

Nancy DeMaria said...

Isn't it so interesting how you kept the prayer card, never knowing that it would lead you to much deeper spiritual reflection? That seems like just a small example of the many ways God does that for us in our lives - by bringing us something that we don't realize the meaning of until later.

-Kinsi- said...

Thanks for this- a beautiful image/prayer. I am glad that you enjoy linking up with us! :-)

Jiza @ The Real JZ said...

I received the prayer card on a pilgrimage! It is one of my favorites. I also like your Two Hearts image... I am pretty close to the community who uses it for their Order.

Anabelle Hazard said...

Jiza, I love Fr. Bing and Fr. Jose from the Alliance of the two Hearts. I can't believe I met a fellow blogger who practices the reparation lifestyle!

mary333 said...

I have this prayer card too, Anabelle! (Actually, I have a HUGE stack of prayer cards. I can't remember where I got The Lady of All Nations card but I like it.)

God bless!