Thursday, August 22, 2013

Blog Enthronement and Consecration to the Two Hearts


Joining the First Friday link up at www.OMostSacredHeart.com

I don’t know why I didn’t do this sooner.  I harp and harp about the benefits of consecrating oneself, our families and the promised blessing of enthronement of one's home to the Sacred Heart of Jesus and the Immaculate Heart of Mary and yet my blog hasn’t been formally enthroned nor consecrated. *Major facepalm!*   

Say, are you double face-palming over there at my over-the-top devotion or bowing your head in your hands to join me in solemn prayer?  I hope it’s the latter because I’m thrilled that you’re here with me to be part of my Feast of the Queenship celebration!

 Here are the prayers so you can follow along:

Consecration Prayer to the Sacred Heart of Jesus by St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

O Sacred Heart of Jesus, to Thee I consecrate and offer up my person and my life, my actions, trials, and sufferings, that my entire being may henceforth only be employed in loving, honoring and glorifying Thee. This is my irrevocable will, to belong entirely to Thee, and to do all for Thy love, renouncing with my whole heart all that can displease Thee.
I take Thee, O Sacred Heart, for the sole object of my love, the protection of my life, the pledge of my salvation, the remedy of my frailty and inconstancy, the reparation for all the defects of my life, and my secure refuge at the hour of my death. Be Thou, O Most Merciful Heart, my justification before God Thy Father, and screen me from His anger which I have so justly merited. I fear all from my own weakness and malice, but placing my entire confidence in Thee, O Heart of Love, I hope all from Thine infinite Goodness. Annihilate in me all that can displease or resist Thee. Imprint Thy pure love so deeply in my heart that I may never forget Thee or be separated from Thee.
I beseech Thee, through Thine infinite Goodness, grant that my name be engraved upon Thy Heart, for in this I place all my happiness and all my glory, to live and to die as one of Thy devoted servants. Amen.
Consecration Prayer to the Immaculate Heart of Mary by St. Maximillian Kolbe + {add lib mine}

O, Immaculata, Queen of Heaven and earth, refuge of sinners and our most loving Mother, God has willed to entrust the entire order of mercy to you.
I, Anabelle Hazard, a repentant sinner; cast myself at your feet humbly imploring you to take with me all that I am and have {my writing, my blog}, wholly to yourself as your possession and property.  Please make of me, of all my powers of soul and body, of my whole life, death, and eternity, whatever most pleases you.
If it pleases you, use all that I am and have without reserve, wholly to accomplish what was said of you: “She will crush your head” and, “You alone have destroyed all heresies in the whole world.”
Let me be a fit instrument in your immaculate and merciful hands for introducing and increasing your glory to the maximum in all the many strayed and indifferent souls, and thus help extend as far as possible the blessed kingdom of the most Sacred Heart of Jesus.
For wherever you enter you obtain the grace of conversion and growth in holiness, since it is through your hands that all graces come to us from the most Sacred Heart of Jesus.  Amen. 


Enthronement Ceremony  There was not much ado. I simply uploaded a picture of blessed statues that were used in our home enthronement ceremony on the header. I went to Confession and attended Mass for the Queenship of the Blessed Mother to seal the official date, blessed my Macbook (where all my writing is done) and then added the Benedictine cross and miraculous medal at the footer.  To close, I sang along with Don Moen's "Jesus, We enthrone you", a song used by the Alliance of the Two Hearts Enthronement for their enthronement ceremonies:




There's no Catechism for blog enthronement and consecration but I was inspired by Pope Francis.  Since he's consecrating the world to the Immaculate Heart of Mary on October 13th, I don't see why I can't consecrate (or enthrone) my blog, too --because this blog revolves around my world. 

+AMDG+

8 comments:

Sue Elvis said...

Anabelle,

I love this!

I belong to Mary. All that I have and all that I am is hers, including my writing and blog and I ask that they may be used for the glorification of God. Blog enthronement would fit in very well with my prayers.

" I don't see why I can't consecrate (or enthrone) my blog, too --because this blog revolves around my world." I don't see why not either!

Anabelle Hazard said...

Thanks, Sue. No wonder our blogs get along. They belong to Our Lady!

melaniejeanjuneau said...

Powerful article. Mary came to live in my heart and while my head was still protestant and protesting the whole living arrangement. Thank-goodness God helps us inspite of ourselves

bobbi @ revolution of love blog.com said...

I love this idea. I dedicated my blog to Our Lady but not as formally as this. I'll soon be "officially" enthroning it. :-) (I also posted your link to my blog post today.) :-)

Anabelle Hazard said...

Melanie, Our Lady has a way of capturing our hearts and staying there.

Thank you for the link, Bobbi! I'm so glad to hear about more blogs dedicated and enthroned to Our Lord and Our Lady.

Anna Elissa said...

I didn't even know how to consecrate something, an object, to Our Lady or to the Lord! What about other saints, how does one dedicate one's blog to them?

Anabelle Hazard said...

Anna Elisa, you actually consecrate yourself (and all that belongs to you) to Jesus through Mary. (Blogs are naturally attached to self, I think.) St. Louis de Montforte explains it in his book "True Devotion to Mary" as does Fr. Michael Gaitley in "33Days to Morning Glory." Highly recommend those to read on the Catechism of consecration. As for saints, I haven't dedicated my blog to them, just asked a couple to be my blog patrons. I guess you could just write a dedication on the side bar, as are done in books. God bless!

Nancy Shuman said...

YES!!! This is marvelous! INSPIRED!
I will be doing this as well. Thank you for sharing this inspiration with us!