Thursday, September 19, 2013

Powerful Pregnancy Intercessors



When you’ve been unsuccessfully trying to have a baby for more than a year, you come to a point when you accept God’s will. You make travel plans, pack up boxes of baby clothes to give to Goodwill, consider trading in the van for a fuel-efficient sedan, and smile sadly when your children still pray hopefully that they have another baby brother or sister.  (Or both!) 

“I’m ok,” you tell yourself.  “Three children (+2 in heaven) are far more blessings than I ever deserve or that others even get. I’ll get over this temporary baby fix and someday I’ll stop envying my pregnant friends…”

But the chance of a lifetime came for me when Fr. Bing Arellano of the Alliance of the Two Hearts came to town.  His visit sparked a hope when I heard he’d been instrumental in healing a friend’s husband. I asked him to bless me and my hopes and dreams for another pregnancy. 

Fr. Bing readily pulled out his handy dandy holy water from his pocket and prayed over my head, “Father, give this daughter of yours a child if it is your holy will…”  He proceeded with what I thought were the sweetest, most humble and submissive prayer I’d ever heard from a priest.

When Fr. Bing was done, he looked me in the eye and boldly promised, “Something is going to happen.”

             His prophecy came true on the Feast of the Exaltation of the Cross, teaching me about the powers of a blessing from consecrated hands, the powerful intercession of a holy priest and the faith of innocent children to move mountains.  

I’ve also realized that when we pray for other people, those prayers are more efficient than when we pray for ourselves.  Intercessory prayers are usually prayed with fervent love for God and the person, a desire for the person’s well-being and detachment from any results. 

I’ve thus decided that during my pregnancy, I’m going to rely on the prayers of the Holy Family.  Since reading the biography of St. Joseph I’ve been filled with such a devotion and love for this humble, virtuous #4 top guy in heaven.  So I’m imploring his intercession with my favorite St. Joseph prayer every day for nine months. 

“O, St. Joseph, whose protection is so great so strong, so prompt before the throne of God, I place in you all my interests and desires. Oh St. Joseph, do assist me by your powerful intercession and obtain from me from your Divine Son Jesus all spiritual blessings through Jesus Christ Our Lord, so that having engaged here below your heavenly powers, I may offer my thanksgiving and homage to the most loving of fathers.  Oh St. Joseph, I never weary contemplating you and Jesus asleep in your arms.  I dare not approach while he reposes near your heart.  Press him in my name and kiss his fine head for me and ask him to return the kiss when I draw my dying breath. St. Joseph, patron of departing souls, pray for us.  Amen.”

Naturally, I’m going to invoke Our Lady’s intercession as I did with all my children, using the prayer I still pray for them every day.  (This is the same prayer my mom still prays for her children to this day.)

“I consecrate my little babe into your Immaculate Heart Oh Mary My Mother. Make their tiny minds grow up to love the truths of the Catholic faith.  Consecrate their will to the service of God. Fill their hearts with love for their Creator. Fashion their little bodies into all perfection.  Let their organs be sound, their senses acute, all their members strong and healthy.  You can obtain this favor for my, most Powerful Mother. I trust in you.”

            (And since having a traumatic miscarriage makes one awfully anxious, would you friends and readers keep me in your prayers?  Put me right up there with Syria and world peace.  Thank you.)
            

7 comments:

Heidi said...

Congratulations Anabelle! What wonderful news! Prayers are flowing your way!

Vicky said...

Congratulations, Anabelle!!! I'm so happy for you and your family!

Keeping you and your little one in my prayers.

God bless:-)

Sue Elvis said...

Anabelle,

Congratulations! Doing a little happy dance as I think about your joyful news. Of course I shall pray! Mother Mary will surely listen to our prayers. And St Joseph. We rely on him so much!

God bless you and your baby.

Anabelle Hazard said...

Thank you my prayerful friends. I feel safe in your prayers.

8 kids and a business said...

I'm squealing and jumping up and down with joy for you, my friend! Surely you can hear me??!! Prayers and more prayers for your pregnancy. I'm so happy for you! What great news!(OK enough with the exclamation marks ;0)

Anabelle Hazard said...

I heard you Terry! You woke me up. ;) Thanks for the prayers. I surely need them.

Connie Rossini said...

Awesome! My prayers are with you too.