Friday, April 11, 2014

Promises Attached to the Way of the Cross


Other than the indulgences to be gained, there are promises attached to praying the Stations of the Cross. These are ten out of fourteen promises  given to Br. Estanislao, a member of the Brothers of the Christian Schools, which have been favorably recognized by confessors and theologians. Taken from the book “Prayers and Heavenly Promises" compiled by Joan Caroll Cruz (available at Tan Publishers):


1. I will grant everything that is asked of Me with faith when making the Way of the Cross.

2. I promise eternal life to those who from time to time pray the Way of the Cross.

3. I will follow them everywhere in life, and I will help them especially at the hour of death.

4. Those who pray the Way of the Cross often will have a special glory in Heaven.

5. I will bless them at each Way of the Cross, and my blessing will follow them everywhere on earth, and after death, in Heaven for all eternity.

6. At the hour of death I will not permit the devil to tempt them; I will lift all power from him in order that they will repose tranquilly in My arms.

7. I will fix My eyes on those who pray the Way of the Cross often; My hands will always be open to protect them.

8. At the hour of death I will console them with My  presence, and we will go together to Heaven. Death will be sweet to all those who have honored Me during their lives by praying the Way of the Cross.

Our outdoor stations at the Abby

9. They will never be able to separate themselves from Me, for I will give them the grace never again to commit a mortal sin.

10. Even if they have more sins than blades of grass in the fields and grains of sand in the sea, all of these sins will be erased by the Way of the Cross (Does not eliminate the obligation to confess all mortal sins.)

+AMDG+

4 comments:

Mary N. said...

It's been a while since I've read these promises, Anabelle. Thanks for the reminder!

Marcia said...

"...in order that they will repose tranquilly in My arms." -- Reason enough, isn't it? Thanks for sharing! The hubby was just saying that we should do the Stations of the Cross today.

That's a very peaceful-looking outdoor Stations of the Cross.

Have a meaningful Holy Week.

Anabelle Hazard said...

Hi Mary, I need to remind myself to get out on Lenten Friday evenings for the Stations, too.

Marcia, my husband naturally loves the Stations, too. But I need incentives. A blessed holy week to you, too.

Anabelle Hazard said...

Hi Mary, I need to remind myself to get out on Lenten Friday evenings for the Stations, too.

Marcia, my husband naturally loves the Stations, too. But I need incentives. A blessed holy week to you, too.