Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Let me pray the Novena to the Two Hearts for You


            Its nine days before the Feasts of the Sacred and Immaculate Hearts. Our family is starting a novena to the two hearts today.  To commemorate the feast day, the Hazards took out some paintbrushes and acrylic from Hobby Lobby and painted a "masterpiece".  Then, we cut out hearts out of construction paper, wrote out our intentions and pinned them to the board. 


You don't see it there but the 4 year old asked me to write down that she
wants a horse and a unicorn for this novena.

             We're going to Mass for nine consecutive days. Every night, after the rosary, we include these novena prayers:

Novena to the Sacred Heart

 O my Jesus, you have said: "Truly I say to you, ask and you will receive, seek and you will find, knock and it will be opened to you." Behold I knock, I seek and ask for the grace of (here name your request) Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory Be to the Father. Sacred Heart of Jesus, I place all my trust in you.

 O my Jesus, you have said: "Truly I say to you, if you ask anything of the Father in my name, he will give it to you." Behold, in your name, I ask the Father for the grace of (here name your request) Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory Be To the Father. Sacred Heart of Jesus, I place all my trust in you.

O my Jesus, you have said: "Truly I say to you, heaven and earth will pass away but my words will not pass away." Encouraged by your infallible words I now ask for the grace of.....(here name your request) Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory Be to the Father. Sacred Heart of Jesus, I place all my trust in you.

O Sacred Heart of Jesus, for whom it is impossible not to have compassion on the afflicted, have pity on us miserable sinners and grant us the grace which we ask of you, through the Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary, your tender Mother and ours.
Say the Hail, Holy Queen and add: St. Joseph, foster father of Jesus, pray for us.


Novena to the Immaculate Heart of Mary

O Most Blessed Mother, heart of love, heart of mercy, ever listening, caring, consoling, hear our prayer. As your children, we implore your intercession with Jesus your Son. Receive with understanding and compassion the petitions we place before you today, especially ...(special intention).
We are comforted in knowing your heart is ever open to those who ask for your prayer. We trust to your gentle care and intercession, those whom we love and who are sick or lonely or hurting. Help all of us, Holy Mother, to bear our burdens in this life until we may share eternal life and peace with God forever.
 Amen.

Would you like to join us?  If you have an intention, write it in the comment box or email me and we'll pray for you and pin it on our board, too. If you want to do your own novena, you don’t have to do the fancy craft. You can follow Pope Francis and Mother Theresa’s examples of writing your intentions on paper and laying them at the feet of the two hearts statues.  

+AMDG+

4 comments:

Toni Davis said...

This is a fantastic idea! My children are grown now, 20 and 23 but we just made a major move and they are starting over here at home with us. We just started our family rosary in the evenings again, I have very much missed them! I am so glad to have come across your blog today that reminds me of the feast day and perfect timing for a novena. I think we will follow your example and do it after the rosary as well. My son's name is Sean and ask if you would add him to your novena and his request is to find a full time job doing computer work. My name is Toni and I would like to add an intention of learning who God created me to be and to have sure signs that I know without a doubt that God is calling me to do that. We will add your family to our novena as well. I will find out my daughter, Ashlee and husband request. Thank you so much!

Toni Davis said...

Its, me again, Toni. :) Just got my daughter, Ashlee who is 23's prayer request:
For the strength and discipline to lose weight and find happiness with herself and who God created her to be.

Anabelle Hazard said...

Hi Toni, we wrote them all down in our board. Thanks for praying for us, too. God bless you and your family.

Toni Davis said...

Just wanted to leave a comment and thank you for adding our prayers. My son learned yesterday (8th day) that he has an opportunity to interview for a full time position at his current job which he is so excited about because he just loves it! Thank you for the reminder about the Novena and Feast Day. :)