Friday, June 27, 2014

The Blessings of a Home Enthronement and Consecration


            With the feast days of the Two Hearts, allow me to reflect on the importance of a Home Enthronement and Consecration. We’ve had our home and family enthroned and consecrated to the Sacred Heart of Jesus and the Immaculate Heart of Mary on three separate occasions and received countless blessings each time.


            For the first ceremony, we asked the assistance of a parish priest who hadn’t known about it but was glad to do it when he researched on enthronement and consecration.  On the Feast of the Immaculate Conception, Fr. Ron gave us a homily that was based on scripture about Zacchaeus, the tax collector hanging on a tree limb when Jesus passed and called him down.  Fr. Ron emphasized that the Sacred Heart of Jesus essentially told our family the same words from scripture, “Hazards, I MUST stay at your house today!”  Shortly after that, Our Lady gave us the grace to begin our daily family rosary and the opportunity to travel to several pilgrimage sites. (something I’d long been wanting to do).

            When we moved to Alabama, our home was enthroned by the third order of the Alliance of the Two Hearts.  Their ceremony was longer, more detailed, and included a blessing of the entire property and rosary and formal consecration prayers.  They promised us blessings would come soon and sure enough, my husband received a dream job offer after a year of unemployment. 

            The third enthronement and consecration we did very recently.  Fr. Jose and three nuns graced our home to perform the same prayers and to bless our home with joy.  Fr. Jose played the guitar for our children and the amazing sisters taught them songs.   Fr. Jose also prayed over our marriage and interceded for us to have a child after I suffered from two miscarriages.  (Update: Son born to us the following spring.)



            In preparation for the Feast Day of the Two Hearts, I’ve been reading The Autobiography of St. Margaret Mary and The Flame of Love of the Immaculate Heart by Elizabeth Kindelmann (with approval from the Archbishop).  I’m quoting two important lessons from these books, which have to do with the importance of consecration and enthronement.

            My Divine Heart,” Jesus said to St. Margaret Mary, “needs to spread them abroad by the means, and manifest Itself to them (mankind) in order to enrich them with the precious treasures which I discover to thee, and which contain graces of sanctification and salvation necessary to withdraw them from the abyss of perdition…I promise thee that My Heart shall expand itself to shed in abundance the influence of Its divine love upon those who honor It, and cause it to be honored.

            Jesus appeared and spoke to Elizabeth Kindelmann as narrated in her diary:  “[Jesus] stayed a long time in front of our house.  He began to list the merits of our family, those virtues which I made the children practice when they were small. He emphasized how meritorious were the fervent night prayers. He said how much He appreciated the small ejaculations that we added to those prayers. He also noted that our family was consecrated to His Sacred Heart.  I experienced His blessed presence and was deeply moved. We constantly hurt Him by our many sins.  He, in spite of everything, is always kind.  He said: “I bless this house that is consecrated to My Sacred Heart."  What a sublime experience was this blessing He gave to our family when He stayed for a long time before our house.  Yet, even afterwards, He did not move.  For a long time, He allowed me to feel His presence… As an insignificant person, I could only babble: “Depart from me, O Lord, I am a great sinner.”  He replied, The debt that I owe to My Mother obliges Me.  The abundant graces and My blessing which I gave to your family, I gave at her request because you live in this house and you desire to spread the Flame of Love of her heart with every longing of your heart.”

            If you haven’t already enthroned or consecrated your home and family to the Sacred and Immaculate Hearts, don’t wait any longer. Jesus and Mary must stay at your home today.  Our Lord and Our Lady offer your family spiritual and physical blessings.

Linking up at 7 QT at Conversion Diary, and the Sacred Heart Link up Finale at Laura McAllister.  Thank you for hosting ladies.

2 comments:

Toni Davis said...

Thank you for sharing this information. I wanted to do the Home Enthronement and Consecration today but had not had a chance to go get the picture and didn't realize I would need to have priest involved. Can this be done at any time or only on the Feast Day?

Anabelle Hazard said...

You don't need a priest Toni. Thank you for updating me about your son and I'm glad you're doing it on a feast day though it can be done at anytime.