Monday, July 06, 2015

Let Me Go to a Healing Service for You

Last week, I had the privilege of attending another healing service and candlelight procession at the Shrine again.  This time the superstar saint whose relic was used to bless us was Blessed Francis Xavier Seelos, CSSR.  Apparently, Blessed Francis had ties to Mother Angelica when she collapsed at the Adoration Chapel in 2001, and the Franciscan priests sought his intercession after a difficult stroke that they feared would end her life.  Blessed Francis Seelos pulled through for Mother. 

            When I learned about how this priest-blessed appeared to a man in his dreams to offer his intercession, I was intrigued.   My family has historical connections to his order, the Redemptorists.  He and I both have a devotion to the Mother of Perpetual Help, and being an immigrant acting as a missionary in a foreign land gives us so much in common.   I took to him right away, and I asked if I could stand in my family's places under his relic, as some of them faced health issues.

            Only on week two of the 54 day rosary novena, a surgery was successful.  Blessed Francis Seelos pulled through for us.



            Being the healing service fanatic that I am, I’m scheduled to go on another one soon. I don’t know which relic they’ll use but the Blessed Sacrament will be there for sure. So I thought, why not ask my faithful internet friends if I can stand in their place (or their loved ones) who need spiritual and physical healing. Why not go with the faith of the centurion and say to Jesus, "Just say the word Lord and my friend will be healed?" So how about it friends?   If you’d like me to represent you or your loved ones at my next healing service at the Shrine, tell me their names in the comment box or email me bythefinger@yahoo.com,  and I will be glad to do it for you.



           +AMDG+


1 comment:

Ann Murray said...

I wish I had seen this sooner! So generous & thoughtful of you :)